Friday, August 28, 2009






I have been inspired to etch designs onto metal surfaces after reading the book "Semiprecious Salvage" creating found art jewelry by Stephanie Lee. I found a picture of the moon and wrote this poem on its surface. My "experiment" did not quite work out like I wanted. What I learned though was that etching works really well with stamps using permanent ink, not so well with laser toner and acetone.

I am really drawn to affirmations and this poem was one that I needed for myself at this point in my life as a mother and a wife. I printed it out and it is taped next to my computer where not only I can read it, but my HUSBAND can read it too. After all.....he might need reminding too that I am a treasure. Never let anyone take you for granted. If I am the moon, he is the SUN. I better get a SUN poem posted on the wall next to it for him. :)

As an artist, you cannot stop playing with different aspects of your creativity. I am always trying to evolve my art and implement new ideas and techniques into them. I am using clay with my mermaid tails and electroforming them. I love the metal with the glass. Here are a few pictures of some of the projects I have been working on.

At this moment I am busily getting ready for THE BEST BEAD SHOW down in Tucson, AZ this Sept, 11-13. I will be there on the 12th and the 13th helping out my friend Sheila one of the instructors at the event. I will have some of my beads available for sale also. They will be the Mermaid Tail, and the Spirit Tree Pendants. So hope to see some of you down there and meet you in person. :) I will post more details as soon as I find out more on Monday. This has been a last minute sort of thing.

No comments: