Thursday, July 16, 2009
























I thought I would share the technique of cleaning tarnished pieces of silver that you might have lying around. If you are anything like me you might have a TON of things that are in need of a little elbow grease. If you lack the time to buff the tarnish away...have I got the solution for you! A friend from my lampwork group had shared a technique with me a while back about how to clean tarnish off of silver using things you might already have at home. Get ready here comes the instructions..

Materials:
Casserole dish
Aluminum Foil
Baking Soda
Tarnished Silver
Boiling Water
Elbow Grease

Instructions:
Line the casserole dish with Aluminum foil. Lay your silver on the dish and sprinkle with the Baking Soda. Pour Boiling Water over it and agitate slightly.
The Tarnish literally POPs right off it.
Apply a little elbow grease cleaning power, rinse and wear.
WaLA!!



1 comment:

Abi said...

Such an interesting tutorial! the things that can be learnt blog hopping! Your jewelry is beautiful.